Social Icons

Pages

Thursday 21 February 2013

I Live In A Dream of a Country

I Live In A Dream of a Country Tube. Duration : 1.82 Mins.


background audio by Brian Green I LIVE IN A DREAM OF A COUNTRY I live in a dream of a country I live in the valley of stars It's better when you take the back seat and blend in with the rest of the cars I should get a good job and a faithful wife I should go back to school and make my parents proud I should chase a black car for the rest of my life and choke on the fumes from its toxic cloud It's like I'm only on this earth to play a roll Like the moment of my birth was nothing small Like it's any different from a funeral Deliberately illiterate Consider it, a bathroom stall Because I live in a dream of a country and we piss on the concept of truth An abyss where nothing is new and nobody's free not even our youth Because there's cops at school, and the adults are nervous from the impending thought of the next disaster Guns are easy to get and our cinema's violent and kids these days just grow up faster It's a good message sent to the American young You don't step out of line because they're always among us I was arrested once as a kid myself in this dream of a country bent on self-fulfilling prophecy Where you can't pay your fines but they say you're still free Until you're put on probation for a year...like me And the funny thing that I can never seem to wrap my head around is the thought the school had planned this out to teach the rest to settle down They could have just arrested me before I even went to class Instead they chose that around 3, They would arrest me in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment